rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Overcoming Bad Logistics in Manhattan

Overcoming Bad Logistics in Manhattan

I lived in Manhattan for four years, but now I am living in the suburbs due to work. I tried the reverse commute, but I came to the conclusion that having a difficult commute is a waste of time and not worth the negative effects on overall quality of life. I made my choice so I make the best of the situation.

On average, I am in Manhattan 2-3 times per week for gaming, dates, a little bit of work or hanging out with friends. The culture for most people who live in Manhattan is such that if you live outside the island you might as well be living in Siberia. It is very difficult to convince a girl to come to your place if she lives in Manhattan. This is a big investment on her part in the early phases of dating and unlikely to happen.

Bad logistics for NYC is difficult to overcome but not a death sentence. I am not including Brooklyn as bad logistics as certain parts are considered very desirable now. Here are few ways I use to overcome bad logistics. This might be relevant if you are living in Long Island, New Jersey, Westchester or Rockland County.

1.As stated, girls are not coming back to your pad. Manhattan is a city of mass transit and taxis. Most people don’t have a car. Psychologically leaving Manhattan becomes a big deal and a girl won’t do it until she is willing to make an investment in you. My best bet for sealing the deal has been inviting myself over for a drink. I have been surprised at how often this has actually worked. I have only done this with girls who live alone.

A girl’s preference is to fulfill her carnal desires outside her world, where her neighbors and doormen won’t pass judgment. I don’t use the weasel technique because girls in NYC will see right through and tell you to piss in the alley. Charisma, interesting conversation, good wine at a nice joint and then a suggestion to grab a bottle of wine and chill out at her place represents my best chance.

2.I lay the foundation early that I live outside Manhattan but I have an office that I work out of in Manhattan and I often rent an apartment or hotel for convenience. Before the date, I check my Hotel Tonight’s app on my phone to get an idea of some cheap stays. I make it seem like I am staying in the hotel for certain. Then if things are moving along well, I invite her to my hotel for a drink. If she agrees, I excuse myself to the bathroom and in two clicks I book the room. I have seen rooms for a low as 95 bucks. Remember, you can only book the room the same day.

When I used to live in Manhattan, I would laugh when a friend who was coming to visit asked for a hotel suggestion. I had no clue and most people who live in Manhattan never see the inside of a hotel room. I have found that the prospect of going to a cool hotel in Manhattan represents something new and different for these girls. Something in itself that excites them.

3.Between dates 3-5, I invite the girl to my place for dinner. However, this is still too early that most girls from Manhattan will not take a bus out to the suburbs. Ultimately, I need to go a lot of driving. Pick her up, drive her to my place, drive her back to the city and drive myself home. It is a big hassle and investment in my time, but it is almost a sure thing if they agree and go along with the plan.

Lessons I have learned:

My overall Game has become much tighter in response to bad logistics. I have to become more interesting, charismatic, bold in my escalation and persistent. I am abroad right now with tight logistics and I can feel myself relying on this factor while neglecting other parts of my Game. Most importantly, bad logistics has made me much better at escalating early on and boldly.

In order to pull this off with quality girls, you must know the city very well…. nightspots, restaurants, cultural activities. Because I have lived in Manhattan and the area for a long time, I know it better than any girl I have dated. You can’t be that lame suburbanite who lives 10 miles from the greatest city in the world and only manage to come in to see a Yankee game.

I am willing to commitment to time, energy spent, money spent on dates for a high quality woman. After all what is the alternative. Finally, if you have a weakness in one area, reframe it as an opportunity to become strong in other areas.

Messages In This Thread