rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Huge Beginners Guide to Men's Style

Huge Beginners Guide to Men's Style

Terrific post. I agree with everything except the Doc Martens -- I fucking hate those boots.

In terms of shoes I currently own too many. I own a beautiful pair of Ted Baker brogues that I'm too scared of wearing when I go out; a pair of navy blue Lacoste shoes for every day; Nike running shoes; Timberland winter boots; black Florsheim dress shoes that need replacing; Birkenstock sandals (don't worry, I never wear these things out in a serious way); Fred Perry slip ons; and a pair of 25 Euro fake leather dress shoes I picked up in Paris and wear out.

That being said, I could really use a pair of boat shoes and Topman sells these great desert boot/brogue mixes for £40 pounds here. Think it's worth investing? I might save the boat shoes until next season as I don't want to be that fag with 10 pairs of shoes.

Also, a question: my cheap Parisian shoes are starting to wear at the toe, probably because they're shit. What shoes would you recommend for going out? If I'm going to a casual bar or on a date I could see myself busting out my nice shoes, but I would never dream of wearing them to a club. That's really the crux of it for me: how does one wear great shoes to a club that get noticed, but which won't get destroyed after the first weekend?

+1 for the great sheet by the way.

Messages In This Thread