rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Most Hated Man In SF Speaks

The Most Hated Man In SF Speaks

Quote: (07-05-2014 05:24 PM)Ensam Wrote:  

There are a few notable exceptions - the French Laundry had a notorious one year waiting list a few years ago (not sure what the current status is) but at that point it becomes a novelty in and of itself. Those seatings are coveted because you can't buy them, you have to book and wait. What's so repulsive about what this guy did is that it... cheapen the experience of getting a reservation at the ultra high exclusive places. People like clubs that you can't buy your way into.

A club is different, because the other patrons play a big role in how much you enjoy the club, while at a restaurant, provided the other patrons aren't too noisy, they figure a lot less in your experience of the meal.

People who want to use 'time in line' as a way to ration goods out are fucking lame hipster toolbags who take pride in consuming things that other people make. There's no mastery involved in waiting in line, nor is there for buying a spot in line or paying a hooker for sex. It's better for the restaurant to augment its finances by rationing spots based on fees, and not on devotion.

I mean, I sympathize with some places a little wanting to keep their spots relatively affordable to keep a broader base of customers, but when people insinuate the value of a restaurant is linked to how devoted you have to be get in, I just think of these yelp losers and how they have nothing else to judge a man by except his yuppie slave devotion.

Messages In This Thread