rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Expat Poll - Do you plan on moving back?

Expat Poll - Do you plan on moving back?

Quote: (07-03-2014 01:43 PM)LeightonBlackstock Wrote:  

From Britain. Currently living in Thailand (been here for seven months after two equally-timed stints in Korea and Taiwan)

Been in Asia for 22 months now. I will never return to British soil. I don't miss a single thing about Britain and have no ties to drag me back.

The weather is terrible, the people are aggressive and after seeing how much of a 'real-life video game' Asia is, I can never adapt to such a comparably low quality of life.

Also, even if I live to 100, I will have spent 21% of my life in that one country which is too long given the size of the world. There's so much more to life. I've still got Vietnam, China, Japan, Indonesia, Mongolia, Cambodia and Malaysia to live in as my very immediate shortlist. I'll need at least 6 months in each to experience the tip of each place.

I plan to jump country every year until the day I die.

Amen, fellow Britain speaking here, once I finish my university I will be heading out of the country. Having experienced living abroad for a while. The only placed I like is London and that is if you have lots of money, connections and live in a good area close to centre.

Messages In This Thread