rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Declining to pay for first date without looking cheap

Declining to pay for first date without looking cheap

Ignore what she said. Proceed as usual, set the date. She's probably the type who will say no if you suggest you won't pay. Make her come to your hood for drinks.

If you really want to avoid paying, you could try sitting at the bar early and get a drink before she arrives, and then she'd have to get one herself.

Quote: (07-30-2011 12:49 PM)metalhaze Wrote:  

appearing cheap = refusing to offer her a 5$ beer or 7$ alcoholic drink on a date (avoid dinner dates).

frugal (i.e. reasonable) = refusing to take her out to a fancy restaurant to wine and dine her if she aint your sweetheart.

It's not about paying or being cheap. Sprezzatura is the name of the game.

You're going up to the bartender, you order drinks, you pay. It's awkward to split apart.

Or you take a table, waitress and all. She drops the bill on the table, you continue shooting the breeze for a minute or two. This gives her a chance to volunteer to split. If she doesn't, don't flinch. You throw in your card regardless.

You go to the froyo shop. Get in line ahead of her, and pay for yourself. She won't ask you to whip out your card again to pay for her froyo, unless she's a total bitch. A bitch will think a man not paying is a "dealbreaker."

If I can smoothly avoid paying, I do. Otherwise, I pay, and I don't mind so much because she has driven 20-40 minutes to see me.

Pretty sure your girl is a bitch though. And a tease.

Messages In This Thread