rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Early Retirement Extreme

Early Retirement Extreme

I'm in a similar financial boat to finalizing the extent to which I can just live off of quasi-passive income. Currently, I am having some trouble making my income completely passive, but at least it seems that soon I am going to be able to live location independent, so long as I have access to the internet.

I have a few contractual obligations remaining in the states, and a few business arrangements that will be settled and allow me to begin travels, in the coming months.

I could live on about a $3k quasi-passive income in the USA, but I would likely be in a quasi-poverty state attempting to live on such income, especially in California, and I am kind of getting tired of some of the expenses of the USA and the culture and the number of fatties and just feeling the need for travel and to get out of here.... including a sort of desire to meet and hang out with younger girls (which is seemingly more and more difficult to accomplish in the USA for a 40 something year old who will be going into 50s and to be able to plan the future to "hang out" with 20 year old girls). Seems much more likely that my interests and ability to live a decent life on such an income would be much more achievable in other parts of the world.

So I am figuring a little more than $3k per month to live in SEA or possibly other parts, and to include local travel within my monthly budget and to continue to save whatever extra that I may NOT spend.. but $3k per month of quasi-passive income seems to already be fairly steadily flowing in my direction on a regular basis......

I have had several of my friends and relatives in the US suggests that I vary my plan in such a way that I would stay in the USA rather than travel internationally and that I would be able to find some decent inexpensive areas in the USA to live.

When I hear these kinds of proposals I feel older and become increasingly depressed if I begin to give any serious considerations to following through with such USA based plans.

Messages In This Thread