rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Japanese Spinster Politician Heckled For Being Childless And Barren

Japanese Spinster Politician Heckled For Being Childless And Barren

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/ju...xist-abuse

This female assembly member was speaking about childrearing and ways to increase the birth rate. What exactly does a 35yo childless woman have to say about childrearing? Put your money where your mouth is, I say.

I think the point of the hecklers was this: Don't play fertility goddess in your job if you don't believe in having a family of your own. Don't assert yourself as an expert on the solution when you are a part of the problem.

She got heckled because her lifestyle and her political stance are contradictory, not because she's a woman.

The real question is, why do news organizations act like she was the victim of a crime? Some politicians made another politician look stupid in a meeting. This isn't unusual. Politics is a question of persuading others. If she couldn't do it, she should come back with more persuasive policies and speeches, not cry and moan about it to every journalist she can find.

Since when is "oh, the mean men yelled at me!" an international headline?

Messages In This Thread