rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Rob Rhinehart and Soylent

Rob Rhinehart and Soylent

Some of you may have heard of Soylent, a kickstarter-backed product that would essentially serve as a meal replacement powder. According to its creator, Rob Rhinehart, it would allow people more time to focus on work and other activities and less time on cooking, cleaning, and dishes.

When I first heard about it, obviously I was at odds considering what I do for a living. A life without food is about the most depressing existence I can think of. But then I started reading his arguments and presentations. He's a very, very intelligent guy. And on some level, what he's proposing is an age-old practice. Many Buddhist monks start their day off with a simple porridge, and in many spiritual practices it's seen as a sin to dwell too much on getting pleasure from food. I can relate, as sometimes I burn out from thinking about food too much and the next meal.

That said, I love cooking and when I need to simplify my diet, I simply stick to oatmeal and boiled vegetables. I won't be consuming Soylent anytime, ever.

However, I started reading Rob Rhinehart's blog, and he's a very good, very witty writer. I came across this posting today; it's something I can easily see a computer-nerd version of Roosh writing:

http://robrhinehart.com/?p=1005

The rest of his blog is very interesting. Worth a read.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Messages In This Thread