rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Older Guys (40+)

Older Guys (40+)

Quote: (06-12-2014 10:12 PM)Sugar Wrote:  

Quote: (06-10-2014 11:19 AM)robreke Wrote:  

I don't really like when they call me sir right at the opening. I feel they're putting me in a possible "out of their range of consideration" bracket. I still try to game them....but the ones who call me sir seem to get nervous when I start getting a bit more flirty.
btw....I'm starting to lean towards going back to clean shaven. I like my 10 day black stubble...but I think it may be too much for college girls/young women. I'll experiment a few more days with it.

Rob, like Vaun, I am almost 40, just a few years younger than you.

For me the "sirs" go away if I'm tan and if I dye my hair.

I'm not sure your skin complexion, but for me a tan (or tanning cream, I use Clarins Liquid Bronze) takes off 5 years easy. I have very pale skin and contrasted by very dark hair so I look like a dead man walking with no color. Your mileage may vary depending on your complexion, but I haven't seen many guys over 35 who look very good pale. Caucasians look especially bad.

Regarding the hair, I don't like any of the permanent or semi (or demi) permanent dyes. They have ingredients like PPD, ammonia and peroxide and you don't want any of that shit on your hair let alone your skin. I do one of two things: use a non-permanent dye (actually a stain) called Cosamo love your color. I researched it and mainly women use it, but there are no reports of skin irritation like many people report from the permanent dyes like just for men.

Another option, depending on your type of hair is to clipper it short. I cut it down to a #2 guard, which is 1/4 inch. This look will not work for a lot of faces. I have a small nose and ears, and a very straight hair line like David beckham. If you have a bigger nose or ears or a curved hair line, you may be better off using non-permanent dyes.

Some guys have talked about threading their eyebrows, but I've done that and it didn't make me look any younger. My normal thicker eyebrows are actually a better look.

I do the other things the guys here talk about too, getting enough sleep, no stress, drink a lot of water, moisturize, etc.

Whitening and or straightening your teeth helps too.

Hey...thanks for info. My skin isn't that pale as I have a rather ruddy complexion. I am caucasion. Also...my hair has no gray and ...if my dad is any blueprint...he didn't get grey til almost 70...I should be good there. Also got a full head of hair...my hairline is a little high...but not receding as it's been that way always.
I pulled a cute college girls number yesterday by the way....but she was like in her 5th year so probably 24 ...maybe 25.
I do seem to find that my hair short clipped seems to make me look a little younger. Kind of like Brad Pitt's hair in the Tree of Life. Have you noticed a difference in young women's perceptions of you with facial hair vs no facial hair?

- One planet orbiting a star. Billions of stars in the galaxy. Billions of galaxies in the universe. Approach.

#BallsWin

Messages In This Thread