rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

24 things you didn't know about Britain
4 things you didn't know about Britain
Yeah - thanks for the responses guys.

I could try and discuss the history of Britain more and its literary merits (I don't read fiction by the way). But I am trying to give a sense of what it is like to live in Britain in terms of the things you noticed day by day.

Also - by the way - the best writer in the UK is Alan Bennett. And he says English literature sucks:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/cultu...ll-me.html

And speaking of English literature. Most people in the UK are utterly clueless as to why Shakespeare is supposed to be the greatest writer of all time. We cannot understand the plays either. The only people that got to the theatre to watch them are students and tourists.

And pretentious middle class people.

I also think our countries lack of belief in God is more to do with people being anti-intellectual and amoral. As such - they don't enjoy thinking seriously about philosophical questions - and certainly don't want to come to any conclusions which may force them to reevaluate their own morality (or lack of it).

Even the people in the UL who are religious - have a very shallow set of beliefs that they live by.

Messages In This Thread