rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Cardguy Appreciation Thread

Cardguy Appreciation Thread

[/quote]

He's at 60% warning level... don't encourage him too much. [Image: smile.gif]
[/quote]

Gulp! I didn't know that. I have no desire to enable another member's misbehaviors.

Cardguy, behave yourself. Don't make me regret posting this thread. Play by the rules, and don't screw up.

My praise of you has nothing to do with your opinions, since I disagree with most, if not all, of them.

What won me over to your readership was the unflappable demeanor in the face of criticism; the stolid, obstinate persistence in your opinions; and the strong sense that you have an inner reserve of confidence. I slowly became enamored of the rambling, stream of consciousness style of posting, which carries hints of teasing, cajoling, and a dash of mayhem.

It reminds me of a poor man's version of Marcel Proust, where we are given an inner window into the soul of a wounded but sympathetic soul.
Or is Cardguy more like Ezra Pound, spouting inanities and follishness 99% of the time, but with that 1% being matchless brilliance? I am not sure.

In any case, I still maintain that Cardguy is the quintessence of modern England. Ambivalent, furtive, and tortured, but possessing reservoirs of endurance and confidence.

I hope you develop it, and not waste away on the internet in front of a keyboard.

We're watching you, mate.

Q

Messages In This Thread