rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Homeless with 2 Masters Degrees

Homeless with 2 Masters Degrees

The constant PR campaign behind STEM based initiatives isn't just found in the manosphere. Go to any online post regarding the American unemployment rate, and you'll see a comment or two from people with a one way ticket to STEM City.

I think the issue here is specialization, coupled with the ability to be extemporaneous enough to pass your interviews. If you're the sharpest tool in the shed, then your job is relatively safe, STEM or not. At the same time, I personally know people who went the engineering route in college, only to be met with a rude awakening after walking across the graduation stage. When you see things like this, you scratch your head, wondering how your potential situation could be. "WTF, he couldn't find work and he has an engineering degree?" Then it dawned on me.

Firstly, this person did next to nothing in terms of internships. No shaking of hands, no exchange of pleasantries with company HR personnel. Zilch.

As for me? The guy who majored in something "useless" greased palms, grinning from ear-to-ear while passing out business cards like they were Bolshevik leaflets.

Guess who has a job?

A while back, I read this article about the many Asian and Asian-Americans that cannot get past middle management, even though they have prestigious alma maters on their resumes. Even though they "look good on paper", many often lack the social skills needed to make the jump to the next level.

I think thats the golden ticket here in America. Find a way to get past the email culture of sending your CV in, and get out there and SHAKE SOME HANDS. If not, call. Keep calling until you get what you want.

Messages In This Thread