rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Rule clarification on race discussions on RVF

Rule clarification on race discussions on RVF

Quote: (04-25-2014 02:22 PM)Hotwheels Wrote:  

Quote: (04-25-2014 02:12 PM)Suits Wrote:  

Awesome. After 33 pages, clearly nothing was achieved by the "Jews" thread.

While the combatants positions may not have changed, I actually learned quite a lot.
Agreed.

I've been on countless forums and the takeaway I find is that it's not about "X vs. Y" or which "team" wins an argument, it's about putting down as much information as you know on the subject without falling into the mindset that the differing side of the argument is the enemy or inherently false. The more hostility there is between sides, the more likely people will try to back up their original stance without compromise, even if they know they've made an inaccurate assertion somewhere.

I've embarrassingly done this many times, I write out my opinion on a stance giving the arrogance that I couldn't possibly be wrong. Then somebody posts something contradictory that makes a lot of sense, and I have to scramble to try to justify my original stance that internally I am now questioning. But had there not been any hostility in the first place I would have said "Hey that's a good point, you might be onto something here."

Messages In This Thread