rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

It seems like most people get away with drinking and driving until their mid 20s

It seems like most people get away with drinking and driving until their mid 20s

Quote: (04-15-2014 09:26 PM)Faust Wrote:  

Drazen-

There's a lot of talk now about Uber and how it should/should not be allowed to compete with traditional taxis.
Yours is an angle I've never heard before, and I would really appreciate it if you could answer this question for me:

Does the existence of Uber make you less likely to drive drunk, and if so, why?

Well, ever since I got pulled over I choose not to Drive Drunk so that isn't happening.

What Uber does it makes it easier for me to go out and drink as much as I want for less than what a Taxi costs. Its also a lot more reliable. In the past I would call the Taxi company and they would say "5-15". Sometimes it would be that, sometimes no one would show up. Uber makes it trackable. Its also a lot more humane of a way to travel.

Costwise, its a lot less. I used to spend $30-45+ on taxis going out, now I spend 40% of that. Its expensive? So is a DUI. I can also pre-drink at home, I'll make up the costs of transportation by drinking 3 mixed drinks and a beer. And not having to park is a godsend as well. It just makes sense.

Messages In This Thread