rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

"Wall street is rigged" HFT Debate

"Wall street is rigged" HFT Debate

Quote: (04-07-2014 05:17 AM)ElBorrachoInfamoso Wrote:  

Let me summarize to see if I understand the HFT-haters on this issue.

Two experts in finance weigh in. One triple majored in math, management and chemical engineering at MIT before going on to earn his masters in chemical engineering at the same school. The other earned his PhD at Chicago in quant finance working with Nobel Laureate Eugene Fama. Both of them believe that HFT is not only fair, but that it improves the markets.

[Image: facepalm.png]

Do you understand why people write op-eds? (Hint: It's because they are getting paid to do so by others, and/or have a personal agenda to push)

Do you know what an appeal to authority logical fallacy is? (Hint: It's what you just did)

Your understanding of this issue is laughably bad. You're basically reduced to saying, "Well, these smart guys in the newspaper support it, so it must be ok!" This is literally a child-like attitude.

The only people defending HFT are: 1) People who don't understand it, and 2) People who are making money from it.

You are a 1, the guys whose authority you are appealing to are 2s.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

Messages In This Thread