rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Untapped Market of Poon: Small Music Venues and “Indie” Shows

Untapped Market of Poon: Small Music Venues and “Indie” Shows

Quote: (03-30-2014 09:39 PM)StrikeBack Wrote:  

I think this is very location dependent. Sounds like it's a gold mine in NYC.

I'm in Melbourne, Australia. We're nationally famous for our small live music venues and indie shows (it's a very hipster city) BUT the quality at those places is terrible. Most you get are 5s and 6s with the occasional 7s, and those young girls are in the minority. The majority are older, min late-30s crowd, most are men. Any talent you spot there would be on a date with some guy, or dating the guy in the band. The rest are in very social-networky and cliquish groups, as worded above.

I will say, OP said this was his most successful night out so far in 2014 and it was 100% with European girls. The fact that they're at a fun show in a foreign environment talking to a cool, chilled out dude is one thing, a great thing. And Williamsburg gets a lot of European tourists passing through the area. But I think with American/Anglo hipster girls we simply should not be toning down the cockiness/attraction spiking. They can be just as vicious towards "nice guys" as regular girls.

And what speakeasy said about the social networks rings true as well. If it's 2 girls going out is one thing, but if you don't have the energy to infiltrate the entire group and play isolation, then it becomes no different than bar/club game.

This is why I'm fine-tuning my EU-radar to avoid frumpy American girls as much as possible. Choose your targets well.

Messages In This Thread