rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What People are Making with 3D Printers

What People are Making with 3D Printers

I'm thinking the big market for these machines, once the resolution becomes good enough, will be part replacement. I had to replace a fucking pump in a dishwasher recently which involved a 50 mile trip and over a hundred dollars for the part. The goddamn impeller, a nylon plastic part, was worn-out. Think about this: I had to spend close to $150.00 to replace a motor which needed a $0.50 part. And no, you can't just replace the part, you have to buy the whole unit.
Now if there was a 3D print shop on the corner which could duplicate the busted part in the same material, how cool would that be? Drop off the old part with the serial number and information of the motor, come back in a few hours, presto! For a small fee you have what you need. Imagine what this could do to the whole parts supply network.
Lord knows there are plenty of older machines you just can't find even get replacement parts.

Messages In This Thread