rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

In Afghanistan, A U.S. Special Forces Major's Meteoric Rise And Humiliating Fall

In Afghanistan, A U.S. Special Forces Major's Meteoric Rise And Humiliating Fall

I've been around SF. Their virtues are also their faults. For example, they have a culture of resourcefulness which includes ripping off things from the regular military or anyone else. I mean stealing equipment, not for personal use, but for the mission. The ripping off is treated as a training mission for stealth break-ins. This is a part of their resourcefulness, but it is a pain in the ass for the accountable officer or NCO in the unit that gets stolen from.

Drug use can also be a feature. Medics serving SF have told me about their liberal use of stimulants and hypnotics. It's not surprising when you have to do night missions, but it is self-prescribing of controlled substances. The painkiller thing does not surprise me, the work takes a toll and a lot of SF are broke down by age 35. Of course, we are not talking ibuprofin or aspirin here.

The drinking thing is just piling on - SF just did not give a shit about "General Order One" banning alcohol. Having the girlfriend around is a bit bizarre.

Maybe they should have pulled this guy out of theater and given him a job teaching at JFK Special Warfare Center at Ft. Bragg for awhile to let him rest and recoup, not shitcan him.

Someone's gotta remake Apocalypse Now set in Afghanistan or Iraq, this story could be a base. There is a bit of Col. Kurtz in this Maj. Gant.

[Image: article-1233293-077A33F2000005DC-149_468x551.jpg]

Messages In This Thread