rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Planet Fitness tells woman to hide her toned and 'intimidating' body

Planet Fitness tells woman to hide her toned and 'intimidating' body

Quote: (03-19-2014 10:00 PM)Ziltoid Wrote:  

This is nothing new as far as Planet Fitness goes.

http://www.brinkzone.com/videos/why-you-...ness-gyms/

They've established a niche that works for them and makes a ton of sense from a business standpoint, I can't blame them for exploiting a huge and mostly untapped market. That market being, fat people willing to pay $10/mo and do 30 minutes of softball cardio a few times a week so they can feel good and brag about 'going to the gym'.

For the rest of us, the solution here is real easy: never go to Planet Fitness.

This is really accurate. After New Year's, I switched from Anytime Fitness to Planet Fitness. Because of my schedule, I need a gym that is open 24 hours a day. I liked Anytime Fitness, but you need a fob to enter the gym. I kept having problems with my fob and was sometimes unable to enter the gym. I got frustrated and switched to Planet Fitness when my contact was up. Planet Fitness is $10.00 a month if you only use one of the locations. It is $20.00 per month to have access to all Planet Fitness locations. The place is really packed except between about 1 and 4 A.M. 90% of the people in there are grossly overweight. I do see some really in-shape people, all men, but they are a small minority. Here's the interesting part: I'm in there every day and I never remember seeing the same person twice. The extremely low price attracts crazy amounts of members at each location. Most members either never go to the gym or go once in a blue moon. This story doesn't surprise me one bit.

Messages In This Thread