rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Sheryl Sandberg and her ban "Bossy" campaign

Sheryl Sandberg and her ban "Bossy" campaign

What a joke!

http://news.sky.com/story/1223670/beyonc...y-campaign

Quote:Quote:

Facebook chief operating officer Sheryl Sandberg said she launched the campaign when she found most women she spoke to with careers in business had been called "bossy" at some point.

"I was called bossy when I was in ninth grade," she said.

"My teacher took my best friend Mindy aside and she said, 'You shouldn't be friends with Sheryl. She's bossy.' And that hurt.

"We call (women) too aggressive or other B-words in the workplace. They're bossy as little girls, and then they're aggressive, political, shrill, too ambitious as women."

On her Twitter page, fashion designer Victoria Beckham wrote: "It is thought-provoking that a man in charge may be described as commanding, however a woman in the same situation may be called bossy."

Glee actress Jane Lynch wrote: "I would tell my 10-year-old self not to be afraid to step up and say what you think. Do not be afraid to express your opinion.

"Do not be afraid to suggest things. Do not be afraid to lead."

Beyonce signs off the campaign ad, saying: "I'm not bossy, I'm the boss."

Messages In This Thread