rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to tell if a girl really likes you ...the IOI thread

How to tell if a girl really likes you ...the IOI thread

Quote: (03-02-2014 11:14 PM)gringochileno Wrote:  

To some extent I feel like putting too much effort into figuring out whether a girl likes you is counterproductive. Sure, it's nice to be able to get a feel on where you stand with a chick so you can anticipate how she'll react if you (e.g.) get more physical with her or go for a makeout, but in a lot of situations (especially soon after you've met her), I think it's better to just go for shit regardless of whether you think the chick is into you and use your limited mental resources on things that are more within your control. If it works great, if not and you get rejected then who cares. After all, there will be a certain percentage of the time when the girl wasn't showing many obvious signs of attraction but accepts your escalation anyway.

With the girl in your story for instance, I think it would have made sense to hit on her whether or not you got the vibe that she was being extra friendly to you (granted it may have impacted the way you approached her--maybe you would have gone indirect instead, but with that caveat I think my general point still stands). The great thing about cold approaching is that there's literally no downside at all once you get over your own ego.

Yeah I agree. I'm just trying to put some real world examples out there for the younger guys. Guys tend to get all stupid when they're "in the moment" and talking to a girl. By sitting back and watching I'm taking myself out of the situation in order to get a better read on her.

It's kind of like ex post facto stalking [Image: lol.gif] Usually guys will stalk a girl for a while before they attempt an approach or a conversation.

Team Nachos

Messages In This Thread