rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Will there ever be limits/boundaries?

Will there ever be limits/boundaries?

This is not meant to be a troll thread. I hope it does not come off as one. I have no desire to be banned [Image: smile.gif]

tl;dr - As people push for equality and recognition, will there ever be a point where there is nothing left to fight against? Will there ever be a day, random thought warning, when a fat chick sues you because you didn't want to date her or have sex with her?

AZ Vetoes SB 1062
I am using recent vetoing of SB 1062 in AZ as a starting point.

"SB 1062 would have offered a legal defense for individuals and businesses facing discrimination lawsuits if they proved they had acted on a “sincerely held religious belief.” Opponents argued it would legalize discrimination, in particular, allowing businesses to refuse to serve the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community"

For clarity, I have no issue with gays (marriage/equal rights) they are welcome to be as unhappy as married heterosexual people are. My question is when does the pursuit of what some people perceive as equality so terribly erode the rights of others to the point where there is nothing left to erode. My question isn't specific to gays, just to society as a whole.

Promoters of SB 1062 Often Mention Lawsuit in NM
The people who pushed the AZ bill often mentioned a New Mexico photographer being sued for not wanting to take the wedding photos of a lesbian couple because the photographers opposed same-sex unions. The photographers lost.

Maybe the photographers should have said, "we are booked that day" or "we are on vacation". The suit would never have happened (unless they worked that particular weekend and got caught). Surely there must be other photographers, just like we believe there is other vagina.

Ever Be Limits?
This got me to thinking, will there ever be limits? My most random thought was, "what if some fat chick sues you because you don't want to date her or have sex with her?"

I hope that doesn't happen, but it just seems that the political correctness push continues to make it difficult to do anything without offending anyone, yet those that feel offended can continue to offend as much as they want (Tuth has plenty of experience with those crazy chicks from his articles).

I have often said that a conversation in a room is driven by the least tolerant individual. And we continue to raise weaker and weaker people in this society.

I am not trying to be chicken little here, I have hope for humanity. It comes from an irrational place, but it exists. But being hopeful, doesn't mean I cannot acknowledge the evidence presented before me.

I am curious what others think.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Messages In This Thread