rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dimon’s pay soars to $20M despite over $15B in penalties and fines

Dimon’s pay soars to M despite over B in penalties and fines

For what it's worth, Warren Buffett feels that Dimon was underpaid:

Quote:Quote:

Warren Buffett, chief executive of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., said if he owned J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., he would keep Chief Executive James Dimon at the helm and would pay him even more than he’s making now.

Earlier on Friday, the bank disclosed in a filing that Mr. Dimon received a 74% jump in compensation in 2013, a year in which J.P. Morgan agreed to more than $20 billion in legal payouts and posted its first quarterly loss since the financial crisis.

The increase brought Mr. Dimon’s pay for 2013 to $20 million from the $11.5 million he pulled in for 2012. The board that year cut Mr. Dimon’s pay in half due to a trading fiasco that cost the bank billions, saying he had “ultimate responsibility for the failures that led to the losses.”

But in an interview Friday, Mr. Buffett called Mr. Dimon “a bargain.”

“If I owned J.P. Morgan Chase, he would be running it and he would be making more money than the directors are paying him,” said Mr. Buffett, who has publicly defended the bank executive before and owns J.P. Morgan shares.

He added J.P. Morgan was a “huge plus to the American financial system” during the financial crisis and did much better than other big banks through that period.

“If Jamie decides he wants to make more money, all he has to do is call me and I’d hire him at Berkshire,” the billionaire investor added.

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

Messages In This Thread