rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Predicting World War III

Predicting World War III

Quote: (02-04-2014 12:27 PM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

oh christ, more doomsaying. what's the cost of thinking like this? Right now, instead of of worrying like an old woman, I could be making money or writing a book ( not about doomsday shit.)

"This is such a waste of time. I could be making money instead of talking about this!"

or

"This is useless if it isn't going to help me make money!"

I've seen variations of these responses thrown out a lot on the forum lately. It unfortunately seems to be catching on as some sort of way to shut down any sort of conversation the person disagrees with. It's basically a form of a shaming tactic. This is clearly not a thread about making money. So get the fuck out of here with a criticism that the topic is not going to make you money. Do you go into a thread about hummingbirds and say, "Fuck these hummingbirds! They aren't going to get me paid!" It makes you look like an idiot, or some kind of autistic/OCD guy who can only talk about money and has no other interests. Not everything in life is about making money, and not every thread on the forum is going to contribute to your ability to make money. You'll also see a variation where a guy will say, "How is this going to help me get laid?" Again, this is both a shaming tactic and a nonsensical criticism. This is the Everything Else forum, not a forum to discuss game tactics (the Game forum) or making money (the Lifestyle forum). Criticizing threads in Everything Else because they won't help you get "laid or paid" is like criticizing your dentist because he won't change your air filter and rotate your tires.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

Messages In This Thread