rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Fear and Loathing of Singapore's Arrogant Westerners

Fear and Loathing of Singapore's Arrogant Westerners

Quote: (01-24-2014 03:53 PM)yb13 Wrote:  

I would have to respectfully disagree with this statement.

If one has ever been to Asia, they will meet some old school European or sometimes Australian business men that can be very elitist, abrasive, and complain at the dumbest of things that will even get locals fired at say a cafe/restaurant. It would be a similar attitude to people in Western Europe that will head to Central/Eastern EU holding their stag parties & being utterly rude to locals.

I'm hoping these times will pass because a lot of the young westerner backpackers and travelers tend to have a much more cultured perspective on things with better manners?

The most polite western business men and older travelers I've met while traveling around Asia? Typically from the United States or Canada.

Sounds like bitter grapes and the remnants of an imperialist mindset from the days when the sun did not set on the British Empire.

Wald

Messages In This Thread