rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Gaming Celebrities---How hard would it be to pull off?

Gaming Celebrities---How hard would it be to pull off?

Props to G and Mixx for dropping the high-end game. While I'm talking about capturing poor, little street loosies, these guys are talking about gaming fucking Beyonce.

Quote: (06-01-2011 02:15 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

I know a few cases of guys kind of getting gamed by celebs...

Great stories, Gio. You could have banged Spinderella, homie. Unfortunately, that would only score you serious cred with today's aging set. But, for what it's worth: it wins you cred with all of us sausages. [Image: grouphug.gif]

---

The only thing that I can add to this discussion is to confirm the necessity of being an interesting-ass, straight-up cool dude. It really just comes down to those same two basic principles of game.

I experienced this on a minor level over the course of a two-year period in which I worked--although tangentially so--in "the industry." I was around a lot of A- and B-listers and got used to it pretty quickly, so that I acted very normal around them.

On a few occasions, I'd be at these industry events with famous people in close proximity of my conversations with co-workers or other people I knew. As usual, I'd be telling these over-the-top, semi-inappropriate stories with my unintentionally loud voice. It's one of those situations where you've told the story so many times that it's super-polished and hilarious, simply by virtue of trial and error and unintentional rehearsal. And, I'd sometimes spot, out of the corner of my eye, so-and-so from whatever show or movie intentionally eavesdropping and/or reacting to some good bit in the story.

I have this bad habit of--when I think people might be eavesdropping--turning up the temperature on whatever I'm talking about. If I'm at a 6, I turn it up to an 8. If I'm already at an 8, that shit goes gangbusters. I've always known this method works well around chicks, but I soon learned that it works around anyone of value.

Over time, I got to chatting up solid guys (no homo), like Heath Ledger (before he died), Leonardo DiCaprio, and miscellaneous broads that were famous at the time--like this little cutie. I never got into these cats' circles, or got close to closing any of the girls (except for this non-celebrity publicist that eventually flaked), but I maybe could have if I'd recognized the situation better and pushed the envelope further.

It didn't help that I had a condescending, smothering boss that was on me like a wet blanket whenever he saw me working the room.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Messages In This Thread