rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

He said he was leaving. She ignored him.

He said he was leaving. She ignored him.

This part is very telling:
Quote:Quote:

You see, I'd recently committed to a non-negotiable understanding with myself. I'd committed to "the End of Suffering." I'd finally managed to exile the voices in my head that told me my personal happiness was only as good as my outward success, rooted in things that were often outside my control. I'd seen the insanity of that equation and decided to take responsibility for my own happiness. And I mean all of it.

My husband hadn't yet come to this understanding with himself. He had enjoyed many years of hard work, and its rewards had supported our family of four all along. But his new endeavor hadn't been going so well, and his ability to be the breadwinner was in rapid decline. He'd been miserable about this, felt useless, was losing himself emotionally and letting himself go physically. And now he wanted out of our marriage; to be done with our family.

Wife had a change in her personality. Husband went through a crisis. Wife stayed a mature adult through the whole thing. Husband came around.

This is how a marriage is supposed to work. Nobody is on their A-game 100% of the time. Your partner is there to cover you when you're not your best and you cover them when they're not their best. Between two people one of you should be on it all the time.

Messages In This Thread