rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Valleywag's Next Target: YC's Paul Graham "Sexist"

Valleywag's Next Target: YC's Paul Graham "Sexist"

I'm sure everyone remembers the Pax Dickinson affair where he got suspended from BI for tweeting some neo-reactionary stuff that didn't jive with a lot of victim groups. Back then, Valleywag's Nitasha Tiku got on the case.

And... She's at it again. This time Y Combinator's Paul Graham is on the hitlist for the following quote:

"We can't make women look at the world through hacker eyes and start Facebook because they haven't been hacking for the past 10 years.."

Well, I hope everyone survived their heart attacks reading this.

Why some women these days find it insulting to hear someone somewhere claim they aren't into computers like nerdy guys are from a young age is beyond me, but, then agan, most of this PC hunt stuff is beyond me. I notice how Nitasha lists a few of Paul Graham offenses first. He didn't think much of "startup founders with strong foreign accents" (Indians?) nor did he seem to give one iota about women in tech in general -- who does? She does however make it seem like he's really on thin ice by stating the obvious.

I just don't get why Graham felt a need to explain himself. Isn't he a bit too big to be annoyed by trolls like this?

Messages In This Thread