rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anyone beat anxiety?

Anyone beat anxiety?

Quote: (12-23-2013 03:07 PM)pants Wrote:  

I have had anxiety for years now. For some time periods more than others.

There is really nothing in my life to worry about either, that´s the worst part.
I´m 6,4, earn 100k more in a year, good friends, good family, live in a part of the world with low crime and I know I´ll be taken good care of no matter what happens to me, apart from anxiety I have good health also.

Even though most things in my life are great I still feel a lot of if from time to time. Close my eyes in quiet room and there is a lot of unrest in my body.

Things I´ve tried with some success is therapy, group therapy, meditation, medication, but I´m still not all the way where I want to be.

Things that work, but only for a short while are working out and getting a good night of sleep.

So I turn to rooshvforum, anyone have some good tips to share about anxiety?

I beat it. Stress and anxiety are mental constructs. If you understand how to create a mental construct you can understand how to beat it.

In your case you already have all the answers. You just don't trust that you have all the answers.

In your post you start in reality and quickly decent into unreality.

You know you are a good guy that has a lot to offer society in general and women in particular. But you quickly turn away from this knowledge and give away your integrity by expressing joy that these girls that hurt you are now suffering. By doing this you are essentially relinquishing your power over yourself and giving it away. You are turning from reality toward an ego created fantasy.

Are you with me at this point?

If you are, here is what I recommend (on top of all of the other great advice concerning diet and exercise);

Look at each source of conflict that is going on in your head right now and write them out - like a list of things you are conflicted about.

Start with one conflict you are having with another person - your ex (let's call her Anne). So the conflict that you had with Anne might have happened years ago, but you are still experiencing it because that's how our brains and trauma work.

So write down on a piece of paper (away from the computer) your side of the story. Get as detailed as you feel is sufficient.

Then write down her side of the story - from HER perspective. This will be very hard for you to do as it will require that you treat her with an incredible amount of compassion. She has hurt you deeply and is probably the source of your anxiety... Now is the time to be brave bro.

Write down her side of the story from a place of Love, Kindness and compassion. It's very easy to discredit her perspective. If you do, you will not grow from this exercise.

Lastly, write out what happened from a 3rd party perspective.

Do this exercise with every conflict in your life. Through the process of doing this you will regain ownership of yourself from your ego.

Let me know how it goes and whether you have any questions.

Messages In This Thread