rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Girls ' Stupid FB statuses

Girls ' Stupid FB statuses

Quote: (09-29-2012 08:24 PM)RawGod Wrote:  

Just saw this one from a friend (8.5): "Playboys are soooo not worth it".

Translation: I just got pumped and dumped. Is there any other interpretation?

She's reinforcing her higher status by humblebragging that she's attractive enough to have 'playboys' as dating options, and that she is high value enough to have made the decision they're not worth her time.

She's demanding supplication from her handmaidens and beta orbiters via the expectation that they will now attend to her drama with invitations to talk more about it (OMG what happened?); offers of sympathy (R U OK Babe? Do u need to talk?); or positive reinforcement of her attractiveness (He doesn't know how lucky he is to have you).

Her similarly high-value besties who are jostling for Queen Bee status will use this to positively-reinforce their own high status by trying to make the conversation about them, (like I know right its totally like when I dumped Brad for you know looking at Melissa). She'll have to continually counter to keep the focus of attention on her.

The lower value girls who depise the Queen Bee and Besties behind their back will, nethertheless, try to ingratiate their way into the high value group by pretending to share the same experiences, (I know, this is why I dumped my last two BFs they were total playas). The Queen Bee and Besties will not offer her the attention to expand on it further.

The low value guys on her FB list will use this as an obviously-doomed attempt to make a play for her. (Do you want to watch a movie with me? I'll bring Ice Cream!)

Female social jostling is complex. Social Media and Smartphones just amps up the craziness.

Messages In This Thread