rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Next Manosphere Step

The Next Manosphere Step

Quote: (11-25-2013 07:18 PM)Suits Wrote:  

The Manosphere will need to take a new step if it wishes to contribute to a widespread major change in society.

ROK is going to be much more likely to appeal to a man who has already swallowed the red pill than one who has not. Some goes for Roissy, Dalrock and virtually all Manosphere bloggers. The one thing that these platforms all have in common is that they offer social commentary.

The next step will be to move past simply commentating on the current state of affairs from our fringe soap boxes to establishing mainstream institutions that positively influence society.

Here's an example of how this could be done:

HuffPo is a Internet only new aggregation source that also features blogs....

Even something like HuffPo is just more commentary. It's a weird world, where Slate reacts to something in the New York Times, Jezebel reprints Slate with more snark, the manosphere makes fun of Jezebel, Jezebel attacks back, and around and around.

What I think the manosphere needs is more real-world action. Like the fund to support guys who come under feminist attack--I thought that was a great idea. It'd be a way to get mainstream attention, too. I think people would pay attention if a group of activist men actually came to the support of the next guy fired over a dongle joke.

But this might be too MRA for some.

Messages In This Thread