rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Next Manosphere Step

The Next Manosphere Step

A few months ago, Bryce Laliberte wrote the following on Roosh and the Manosphere:

Quote:Quote:

In a post that seems par for the course these last few months, Roosh argues that the Manosphere is lost. Give it a read, as my commentary assumes your comprehension of it.

Roosh presents an attitude which I have seen in Manosphere blogs, comments, and ostensibly related forums of discussion. There is a general incomprehension, even a skepticism, of those who would apply the doctrinal consensus towards theories with a purpose other than getting laid. Indeed, hedonistic as much of the Game community is, it’s understandable that they would think neoreactionary social theory, with its preference for traditional mores and social arrangements, to be opposed to the spirit of Game. The “spirit of Game” is nothing but slaying pussy. Or is it?

In my taxonomy of the Reactosphere, I included Roosh in the Advice category, for while he is clearly not a member of neoreaction and has no contribution to the movement, his material is still a rite of passage for many men. But this is nothing essential to Roosh. My own introduction to neoreaction came by way of Roissy and Rollo, who I read more deeply than Roosh because they went deeper. There are times when Roosh sees that the principles of Game imply something deeper, something scarier, but he consistently chooses to not go down that rabbit hole. It is like he is compartmentalized: red pill about sex, blue pill about everything else.

(...)

The Manosphere and the Reactosphere are clearly related, but the relation is asymmetrical. Being a member of the Reactosphere entails accepting the wisdom of the Manosphere, but accepting Manosphere wisdom doesn’t entail being reactive. Why is this?

Roosh probably disagrees with this opinion. In any case, it suggests that the next step could be some kind of integration with the Reactosphere. This has already happened to some extent, since Heartiste is now using words like "Dark Enlightenment" and "The Cathedral" (a term coined by Mencius Moldbug), thus signaling that he's reading neoreactionary blogs.

BTW, Matt Forney reviewed Bryce Laliberte's book on Neoreaction last month.

"The great secret of happiness in love is to be glad that the other fellow married her." – H.L. Mencken

Messages In This Thread