rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Fort Worth, Texas Data Sheet November 2013 Update (Greater Tarrant County)

Fort Worth, Texas Data Sheet November 2013 Update (Greater Tarrant County)

Before elaborating on nightlife, I wanted to say the other big corporation in the Ft. Worth area is Radioshack. They are headquarted on the outskirts of Downtown FW.

As another note, you can smoke indoors in most Ft. Worth bars, which I'm not a fan of. I stopped heading to FW around 2008 unless a friend dragged me out because I hated smelling like a chimney afterwards. I can't say that I came to downtown many times out of my own will but was mainly influenced under peer pressure.

Parking
There are two parking garages next to the AMC Palace/Barnes & Noble that are free on weekends or weeknights. Free and safe. Doesn't get any better than that.

Nightlife
A) Downtown Ft. Worth takes pride in being much safer than Dallas's or any other American city. The truth is that every other American city treats their downtown as more of a work space where all the convenient stores & restaurants might close a bit early while happening neighborhoods are say 10 minutes outside. In Atlanta, Virginia Highlands and Midtown are the cool areas slightly outside while nothing happens in Downtown. With regards to Dallas, Uptown, Oaklawn, Victory Park, and Lower Greenville are the it spots outside of their downtown. There are quite a few things to do here in terms of nightlife, but it's really considered to be a little more obsolete with the emergence of West 7th, which I will discuss next.

- Flying Saucer/8.0's - There used to be a very well-known outdoor patio with occasional Spring/Summertime country concerts known as 8.0's just outside of the AMC Palace Movie Theater. A long-time Ft. Worth staple, they closed about a year or two ago unfortunately because business was not good enough in the Autumn/Winter.

When they were open however, Wednesday and Friday nights were off the hook filled with townie hotties galore as it provided to be a good pickup spot or place to loosen your date up. Of course this was conducive towards the season being Spring or Summer. I could see why they did close however because business was just not good enough overall in the colder months as there were absolutely no business. It also sucked that those seasons were just sausage fests with all couples domesticated inside.

Since then, the Flying Saucer which was located in another part of downtown took over that space. The Saucer is of course a chain that can be found in Addison or Houston, TX as well. Forgive me if they have locations elsewhere I forgot to mention too. You'll have some decent approach opportunities at this Saucer though it's more of a go drink with your friends place. Felt kind of tame meeting friends here this past Summer opposed to the liveliness of 8.0's.

There is a new version of 8.0's in West 7th as I'll be sure to cover that later on called Capitol Bar, which I'm a fan of.

- Library Bar - For those living in Ft. Worth, this is another staple though it's also a chain with a location in Austin, TX too. Fridays and Saturdays can be overwhelming with a good number of women that are approachable. Closing is however another issue. I used to hook up with an employee there as we knew each other before her tenure so free beverages were an occasional benefit. Pretty hot staff too I must say. Sometimes a $3.00 cover was required on weekends.

As douchey as the Library was and still is, there are good opportunities to pull. One of my friends pulled a hot chick that just moved in from California so he was at the right place at right time. However, there's too many usuals that I see way too often & they tend to be nice cock teases. For example I made out with a chick one week while three weeks later saw her go home with another dude thinking "wow why didn't I close?" Trivia events and drink specials occur all throughout the weeknights as I prefer the more laidback atmosphere with still just enough targets to work on. Then again this place is a chimney and inevitable high school reunion waiting to happen for me so no thanks on a return anytime soon.

Bar 9 - Underground bar where people are required to have dress shoes. Good place for a pickup. It's been ages since I've visited this place (or Downtown FW period) as they have a small bar section on the level first floor with another DJ in the basement. I've pulled once while having other opportunities in the past as it's a manageable venue. The basement is typically a much better bet than the level floor.

Red Goose Saloon - Downstairs is a restaurant whereas upstairs has hip hop DJs. Not a bad place. Friendly people overall & typically good music. Been to a couple of special theme parties here in the past.

Embargo - Cool salsa dancing specialty bar though it can be harder to find. Just google it on your Iphone as it's slightly farther off from everything else in downtown. They have specials at times & have been known to be kicking on weeknights.

8.0's Early Summer Evening (Or Daytime?)
[Image: 8patio.jpg.728x520_q85.jpg]

8.0's At Night
[Image: 8.0spazmatics11.standalone.prod_affiliate.117.jpg]

Fuck No Don't Come to These Downtown Venues
Pete's Dueling Piano Bar - There's another location in Addison/North Dallas that might be better with more single bitches, but all the chicks here are with guys or have boyfriends sitting at home while partying with their girls. Super lame atmosphere as cover can be anywhere from $10.00-$20.00. Worthless townie environment

Durty Murphy's - This is a small bar right next to the Library. For those overwhelmed by the neighboring venue, they come here for a more laidback feel infested with too many thirsty dudes trying to fuck even the ugliest girl in the bar. I remember meeting up with another group of girlfriends that wanted to go come home with me that night. All I had to do was ignore them momentarily while the desperate assholes distracted them with their persistence. Referring to "dirty" as "durty" is a reoccurring theme in the Ft. Worth bar scene. The intentional & witty mispelling is apparently supposed to be catchy while promoting the city as a "funky" competitor to what Dallas has to offer.

Houston Street Bar - Ok fuck this place. This is essentially a bigger version of Durty Murphy's except they have an upstairs outdoor patio. While being decently sized with a big capacity, there are only two restroom stalls in the bar...yes you heard me right two stalls. There's a one stall women's restroom and the same for men. Now imagine how unbearable the lines can be when times get desperate.

I ran into some bitch from the past telling out of town guests how much better Ft. Worth was than Dallas. There are many reasons to rip on Dallas too, but keep in mind this was coming from an average looking cunt who was constantly swarmed with attention unattainable 20 miles east on Highway I-30. With that being said, yeah this is the same desperate sausage fest Durty Murphy's except bigger yet with much smaller restrooms...to the ring of two stalls combined for both genders.

Fox and Hound - This place isn't obnoxious or anything, but it's a chain restaurant bar with overpriced generic food that isn't as good as Flying Saucer's. This venue is more suitable for groups of friends catching up, but I think Saucer is a better bet with more specialty beers & unique food selections. I believe the new Flying Saucer at the old 8.0's serves liquor now too? Just don't come here...unless you want to play pool...but why drive to Downtown Ft. Worth to play pool? Find a place in the suburbs to kick it, lol.

Paddy Red's - I have memories of bar hopping with friends that have resulted in venue switches to Paddy Red's as if it was such a game changing bar full of different redeeming qualities. Well, it's nothing special. Just go to a local dive bar in the burbs. There's no point in driving all the way to Downtown Ft. Worth period these days let alone especially for this generic dime-a-dozen bar all my old peers seemed to pedestalize.

Other Specialty Venues

Reata Rooftop Restaurant & Lounge - It's visually nice but not my vibe. Also known for having a a high end chicken fried steak I believe? Haven't tried it, but I do have other options for chicken fried steak in the area.

Scat Jazz Bar - Really a place for couples with you guessed it live jazz. Just mainly townies have a good laidback night out.
4 Day Weekend Comedy Club - Improvisational comedy. Never been, but I hear it's good. A Ft. Worth staple. I can't imagine going to this consistently as it's more of a go once never go again.

Hyena's Comedy Club - I think the original location was in Arlington, Texas as that was where comedian Ron White got his career jump started. Is the Arlington location still open? Not sure. Anyways this is a 2nd location with standup comedy.

Notable Downtown FW Closings
Barnes & Noble Book Store - A big staple in Downtown next to the AMC Palace. One of many Barnes and Noble closings in the US, but this location was a visually stunning one where families would chill after dinner while reading books & magazines.

Billy Miner's Burgers - Cool burger joint in the past. Long-time owners decided to retire as they couldn't find a buyer. Good people overall. They always closed at midnight or 1AM in the past, but it was fun getting your eat on while getting liquored up at same time. The motivation to bar hop afterwards was often tranquilized with the combination of food and alcohol though it satisfied.

[Image: 2788.jpg]

Crime
Be careful venturing outside of the main bar areas in Downtown at nights. Had one friend who was robbed gunpoint while another living in the same perimeter was just jumped for no reason. Be careful and keep your senses sharp. Other than that, this is still very safe place compared to other downtowns in typical American cities.

Texas A&M University Law School
The actual university is located in College Station obviously, but their law school is situated in Downtown Ft. Worth. It used to be known as Texas Wesleyan Law School. I'm hoping the A&M brand & alumni base increases the reputation label of the institution as far too many students were going into debt under the lesser Weselyan Law name. Speaks volumes when peers from my past decided to live out in Dallas while commuting to school here in Ft. Worth, lol.

In my next post I will detail venue summaries & descriptions for the newest & most upcoming neighborhood being West 7th. Sorry for breaking everything up, but I feel like the data in this thread overall would be more manageable if split into portions. Also easier on my brain too, haha.

Messages In This Thread