rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is nightlife in general in decline in the United States (and maybe Canada)?

Is nightlife in general in decline in the United States (and maybe Canada)?

I don't think nightlife changed all that much, I think your perception of nightlife has changed based on experience and the sheer number of times you go out.

Maybe things like texting, facebook and what not have changed, but the basic framework is still there. Nightlife has always been a sausagefest. Women are always flakey. Nothing is new and earthshattering. I personally don't really do nightlife all that much because I used to roll with more friends, get really drunk and had a good time. Now its more of a one track mind. Roll solo, try to hook up that night and that's the end of that, so obviously the places you go and the general enjoyment of the night as a function of itself will be changed.

I mean I still go to the Dresden now and its exactly the same its always been for me (only been going since 1999ish though). Most days of the week there's a decent level of young hollywood and old hollywood chilling there. I do miss my old spots that I used to go to, but these days I really don't muster the energy to go out that far. I have new spots and I only go to places that are logistically close to me, wheras in the past I'd drive clear across town 4-5 times per week and know exactly where the "party was at". I think if I did the same circuit of spots I did 10 years ago, I'd find that the experiences would be exactly the same.

Messages In This Thread