rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

F.D.A. Moves to Ban Trans Fats

F.D.A. Moves to Ban Trans Fats

Yes, I understand the biochemistry.

But what is the end result of all this ominous "havoc" that they wreak? Do you fall down and die? Do you get very sick and vomit for a week? Do you lose the use of your left ear, even?

No? Then maybe "poison" is not the word we're looking for.

I think people have an almost mythological fear of the uniquely terrible trans fats just sitting there, indestructible and doing their unstoppable evil work.

But plenty of people have consumed a very substantial amount of these sinister molecules and they seem to be doing fine. They do die eventually, but they're living longer than ever.

Again, I'm not disputing the idea that if you eat a diet that is quite high in trans fats, you will probably -- though by no means always -- increase the risks of some health problems by some percentage. That does not make them a "poison" and I think that this kind of exaggeration is something to watch out for in all sorts of contexts.

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

Messages In This Thread