rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

F.D.A. Moves to Ban Trans Fats

F.D.A. Moves to Ban Trans Fats

Quote: (11-07-2013 08:32 PM)Jaydublin Wrote:  

So because they wont do away with these subsidies it means its ok to pass bad laws?

From what I understand all they are doing is proposing to change the designation as no longer GRAS (generally recognized as safe). So it won't be allowed to be added to processed foods.

No new law has been passed. The FDA already has this authority unless an existing law is repealed.

So if you really have a hankering for hydrogenated oil, you're still free to eat it, just not sell it as food.

I'm sure Crisco will still be around in some form or another.

I'm sympathetic to your view in a way, because it's saddening how people have to depend on the government to tell them what's OK to eat, and it would be better to get away from that. It was the government that pushed the whole anti-saturated fat, anti-animal fat crusade to begin with, and which promoted the use of margarine instead of "unhealthy" butter.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Messages In This Thread