rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Digital Project Management: Programming for hustlers

Digital Project Management: Programming for hustlers

Quote: (11-06-2013 04:14 PM)saeta119 Wrote:  

My roadblocks were how to get the initial funds since you get paid on milestones and the other was trying to figure out competitive prices.

Both points I'm gonna cover in more detail. The abbreviated version:

1) I started doing this while working an unrelated job full-time. That helped.

It's also common practice to get a big chunk of the money upfront (like 40-50%), especially when you're starting with a design phase where the client could conceivably jack the JPGs, have some kid on Fiverr turn them into PSDs, and never talk to you again.

2) Don't compete on price. In fact, I compete on price by charging more and then going after the clients of cut rate shops who I know are receiving terrible customer service.

Quote:Genghis Khan Wrote:

I'm just wondering, what if you're for example building the modules for Drupal or addons for WordPress, things that are quite abstract (e.g. Views or Entity API for Drupal). Does that get boring too?

Like I said, I don't mean to talk shit about programming. In reality, my job—which I love—is only one small step removed from coding.

Messages In This Thread