rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Do You Eat Dairy?

Do You Eat Dairy?

Quote: (10-30-2013 12:53 PM)frenchie Wrote:  

I cut out milk products in my life because I did not like the taste of milk. I ate cheese and that never gave me problems.

When I realized that I wasn't eating enough food for lifting, I started doing the GOMAD (gallon of milk a day) challenge. Realistically it was a gallon of whole milk every 3 days.

First things I noticed, was acne. Yeah I got a little bit of acne, but it cleared up pretty quickly. I got a lot of $hits and bloating, but I solved this by supplementing a probiotic into my diet ( yoghurt and OTA pills). Eventually, the bloating stopped and I started to feel more grounded. My lifts started getting better as well. Soon after I ran out of probiotic pills and just stuck with yoghurt. All of the initial problems I had went away.

I still drink whole milk on the reg and use it as the base for all of my protein shakes. Whole milk is a staple of my diet and is so high in calories that I can hit my marks with it daily.

That will catch up with you one day. I did the same thing in high school: I drank half a gallon of milk a day while lifting. In my 30's, I eventually became lactose intolerant because ingesting refined dairy products eventually depleted my body of the enzymes necessary to digest them.

Normally, I would say that everyone is different and that might not happen to you. But your temporary side-effects are classic symptoms of lactose intolerance, which I did not develop until many years later. You are obviously sensitive to dairy. If I were in your position, I would try to switch to another form of protein or eat only raw dairy products. Eating natural yogurt with live cultures is the minimum that you should do. Good luck.

Messages In This Thread