rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to hide your high IQ death sentence?

How to hide your high IQ death sentence?

Many people here are pointing out Physicists as exemplars of smart people. I do this myself sometimes, but it's really misleading. Only a tiny proportion of smart people are Physicists, or academics in general. This is why some have a negative view of people with high IQ. They only see the nerdish or autistic type. But there are many smart people who are nothing like this.

With due respect to Roissy I don't think girls de-select for IQ. As Scorpion said people are confusing nerd and high IQ. They are not as interrelated as people think. I know this is a sample of one, but the smartest guy I've ever met (childhood friend) became a major, very successful player from his late 20's on. I think you'll generally find this. There may be some limited disadvantage for the smart due to statistical autism issues, but the very best players will all have much higher than average IQ's.

The disadvantages to high IQ in men supposedly start accruing from 145. So we're not talking about a large proportion of people who have to worry about this anyway. Under that I think people are blaming IQ for more general shortcomings.

Messages In This Thread