rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to hide your high IQ death sentence?

How to hide your high IQ death sentence?

Quote: (10-30-2013 07:36 AM)Therapsid Wrote:  

Quote: (10-30-2013 07:15 AM)Hoodlum Wrote:  

This is all that needs to be said on the matter, thread over. Also, provided you're not a weird autistic type of intelligent, and you're socially well adjusted, just stop lowering yourself to game morons. Get some standards.

This can't possibly be true.

Look at the world's leading physicists and mathematicians. These are the world's most intelligent men (they're almost all men).

We're talking about IQ's on the extreme right end of the bell curve.

Living by an Ivy League, I go out for beers with guys like this.

With some exceptions like the late Richard Feynman, who's been talked about a lot on here, they aren't exactly killing it with women.

I'm willing to bet that if you at least approach average intelligence that cognitive ability confers no benefit to game.

Quote:Quote:

Tyler Cowen quotes from a new study testing the relationship between grades and delayed sexual activity.

Last December I passed a paper along to Razib showing that high-school age adolescents with higher IQs and extremely low IQs were less likely to have had first intercourse than those with average to below average intelligence. (i.e. for males with IQs under 70, 63.3% were still virgins, for those with IQs between 70-90 only 50.2% were virgin, 58.6% were virgins with IQs between 90-110, and 70.3% with IQs over 110 were virgins)

In fact, a more detailed study from 2000 is devoted strictly to this topic, and finds the same thing: Smart Teens Don't Have Sex (or Kiss Much Either).

The team looked at 1000s of representative teens grades 7-12 in the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health and The Biosocial Factors in Adolescent Development datasets, both of which include an IQ test, and include detailed sexual experience questions ranging from hand-holding to intercourse. As with the other study there was a curvilinear relationship: students with IQs above 100 and below 70 were significantly less likely to have had intercourse than those in between. Also like the other study, they found teens with IQs ranging from 75 to 90 had the lowest probability of virginity (the authors note this is also the same IQ range where propensity towards crime peaks).

http://www.gnxp.com/blog/2007/04/interco...igence.php

So basically, men of *below average* intelligence (IQs as low as 70!) get more bangs than either retarded or intelligent men. This doesn't just apply to adolescents:

Quote:Quote:

Tina Fey and scholar James Franco are some of the hottest names in Hollywood—and they're as smart as they are eye-catching. But for ordinary eggheads, the intellect that serves so well in the boardroom might need an assist in the bedroom.

"Intelligence is negatively associated with sex frequency," says Rosemary Hopcroft, a sociologist at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. "It's a bit dismaying."

And people with higher education levels generally have lower numbers of sexual partners. The latest National Survey of Family Growth shows that, for example, men with college degrees are half as likely to have had four or more partners in the last year as men with a high school education alone. (Or at least, they're half as likely to admit it, points out Anjani Chandra, a health scientist and demographer at the Centers for Disease Control.)

I've got an IQ of 142 (was mensa tested) and want to go to Cambridge university. I think that there is definitely a correlation between having a higher IQ and getting laid less. Of course its not a death sentence, but smarter people just have to force themselves to live in the moment and not in their head.

Messages In This Thread