rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to have it all?

How to have it all?

The best advice I can give is to focus on developing good habits. Once you've taken a goal and turned it into an efficient habit, you can stop thinking about it and devote that brainpower to something else.

As an example, for the past two years I've been hitting the gym three times a week (Sun/Tu/Thur), doing a full-body all-compound workout each time. While I vary the weight, sets, reps, and rest times to maintain intensity and prevent stagnation, the exercises are the same each time. I keep a notebook with all that information jotted down, so I don't have to figure out what I'm doing each day when I arrive. I've run through my gym routine so many times that now I don't think about it at all-and I'll frequently use that time in the gym to think about other problems in my life.

Oh, and I've set up my logistics so that I run right by the post office on the way to the gym, and I stop by the grocery store on the way back to my house after the workout. So there's another two things I don't ever have to really think about.

If you can develop a good, consistent habit, you can achieve a goal without even thinking about it. Weightlifting three times a week, studying Spanish for 30 minutes a day, approaching one girl every day at the park next to your house-if you can automate it, the gains will come with time. The trick is to develop a solid process, and then trust in that process.

Messages In This Thread