rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Stock Market 2013

Stock Market 2013

I just started trading in July of this year and it's been a wild ride. A lot of fun, and I learned a ton. Being invested in the game forces you to learn quickly. Right now, I'm about $6700 up on initial investment of about $21k, however, I've also been down about $4k just a over a month ago. I started investing since I'm currently able to comfortable save about $40k a year and simply didn't know what else to do with all that cash.

More than half of my securities are in options (thus the volatility), and it is working out for me right now, but I know it could change overnight. In september my AAPL calls lost about 85% value in just couple days due to iPhone release being initially disliked by Wall street. That really sucked. But they recovered later this month and my portfolio went green in a big way.

But Apple earnings report is coming, and it will be most likely good, however it still doesn't mean that the stock won't drop.

400x AAPL Jan 18 2014 530.00 Calls - up $2,748.44 on that one
100x AAPL Jul 19 2014 550.00 Calls - up $200.36 on this one

Thinking about getting rid of at least 200 of the Jan 530 calls and to risk less going into ER. Wanted to do it today, had a limit sell order, but it didn't get reached as AAPL pulled back over 1% today. If any experienced traders have some feedback that would be appreciated.

Messages In This Thread