rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

China's lonely hearts

China's lonely hearts

Quote: (10-23-2013 01:32 AM)MidWest Wrote:  

My friend is surprisingly very racist and always tells me that he prefers white skinned or pale skinned chinese girls and doesnt understand why Americans tan or what he calls "poisons" their skin. I remember this one time a white girl here from college got a tan, he told me in my ear, "she went from being an 8 to being a 2 just because of the tan"

Shit is real.

It's not really accurate to call this 'racism'. It's more an example of historical classism combined with lookism. The preference for white skin goes back to before Imperial times when having a deep tan was associated with the peasantry, as those who spent all day working in the fields would naturally get a much deeper tan than women who could afford to stay indoors. A good example of this would be historical paintings depicting the female ideals of beauty. Notice how in the last picture, the women are portrayed as kinda fat. This was also an ideal in pre-modern times, as it goes back to classism, in which being somewhat overweight was a sign that you were wealthy enough to be well fed; this is one things that has definitely changed, as you can see whenever you look at more modern Chinese depictions of Tang Dynasty noblewomen -- all are incredibly thin. Even today, the migrant workers you see toiling in the sun in Chinese cities typically have this bronze, leathery skin.

I'm sure no one ever consciously thinks of this when when they say "white skin is beautiful; dark skin is ugly". In their minds they have a similar reaction to deeply tanned women that we do to fatties.

Quote: (10-23-2013 09:07 AM)Mikev75 Wrote:  

Was bored, so I searched Chinese men/Russian women. One of the things which popped up was some crazy, paranoid shit on Stormfront about "Chinamen stealing Russian Women." Hmmm. There were a few other articles in Pravda, China Daily etc.

Apparently it's not just Russian women coming to China, but they are also seeking out Chinese men who do business in the FSU. Still, it won't help all the young, angry, dirt poor guys who have no hope of getting laid. The situation doesn't bode well for China's stability.

As far as I know, it's more common for Chinese guys to look for mail order wives from poorer neighbouring Asian countries. In Northeastern Chinese villages, this is most often the case with female North Korean refugees, where North Korean women often end up being sold - sometimes willingly, sometimes against their will - to Han Chinese husbands. It's also the case with Chinese men in regard to Vietnam and other Southeast Asian countries.

Ceterum censeo Osakam esse delendam!

Messages In This Thread