rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

OBAMACARE: Long/Short Healthcare Stocks? Money making E-commerce ideas?

OBAMACARE: Long/Short Healthcare Stocks? Money making E-commerce ideas?

Ok, so as I understand it, you're looking for ideas that you can license. You have no plans to actually start and build a full business around the idea -- you just want to get the idea to a point you can license or sell it.

Nothing wrong with that, and it could work. From an entrepreneurial perspective though, I think it can be tough. There's a saying in that circle that ideas are nothing, and execution is everything. There are very few areas where you can exclusively own an idea, and competitors can't just engineer around any "protection" (patent, etc) you may have in place. (An exception would be pharmaceuticals, because of regulations.)

Another thing to watch out for, though it may not necessarily apply in your case (since you don't want to get too involved) is spreading yourself too thin. I counsel entrepreneurs on a regular basis, and a problem I frequently see is they try to come up with too many products or focus on too many industries. I tell them that given their limited resources, they should just pick the product and industry combination that will generate the most profits, and focus solely on that. It's better to do one thing well than a lot of things poorly.

I think I just misunderstood your goals going into this thread, and that was probably my fault for not reading closely enough. I thought your goal was to start up one business, build it, and then live from that. It sounds like you don't want to get involved in building a business, nor in focusing on one particular business.

Messages In This Thread