rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

OBAMACARE: Long/Short Healthcare Stocks? Money making E-commerce ideas?

OBAMACARE: Long/Short Healthcare Stocks? Money making E-commerce ideas?

Quote: (10-09-2013 12:22 PM)Lou pai Wrote:  

.....As many people are aging and with many people not having enough money to enter retirement homes many are going to rely on nurses coming to their house.

Also look at American realty capital healthcare trust, it is a REIT that buys medical office buildings, hospitals, etc.

Good point. Medical office buildings will be in demand too. real estate space that focus on medicine, basically. I will also expect a boom in medical transportation(ambulances or special-purpose discount taxi service designed specifically for transporting non-ambulatory patients from their home to a place of care....)

Quote: (10-09-2013 03:17 PM)paninaro Wrote:  

Maybe. I believe most health care plans already have negotiated plans with pharmacies, so the end-user cost would pretty much be the same regardless of the pharmacy they choose.....

Interesting. I am not an american, so obviously, i am going to get somethings wrong. I thought that price of prescription medication at walmart will be different from the ones at riteaid or the ones at walgreen or costco or local, independently owned pharmacies. You are saying they are all the same for a specific insurance plan? regardless of the pharmacy? interesting. i learn new things everyday. They(different pharmacies) all offer the same sales discount on the same prescription medications at the same time window? This is negotiated by the insurance companies? fascinating. I guess i will have to talk to a couple of american pharmacists to get more indepth.

Also, the app could help determine which pharmacist in your vicinity has your specific medication in stock. just in case your favourite pharmacist is out of your medication.

Also, my guess (but I don't know) is that most prescriptions are for recrurring needs, like people with a chronic condition so they need their meds every dy for years. In that case, insurers usually do refills by mail since it's cheaper and centralized.

True. i believe that most prescriptions are for recurring needs... however, i am guessing that while a lot of medications are mail-order; the rest, you picked it up at the pharmacist. Due to the sensitivity of the medication/FDA drug regulations/black market value of the medication, it may be best for the controlled substance(medication) to be picked up with verifiable ID tags and signature at the pharmacist, in person.

anyways, i will address your questions to american pharmacists. they are the most qualified to answer these questions.

......I still like the outsourced billing idea.

So do i.

A year from now you will wish you had started today.....May fortune favours the bold.

Messages In This Thread