rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

OBAMACARE: Long/Short Healthcare Stocks? Money making E-commerce ideas?

OBAMACARE: Long/Short Healthcare Stocks? Money making E-commerce ideas?

Quote: (10-07-2013 11:48 PM)paninaro Wrote:  

So anyway back on topic.. here are some opportunities:

1. Part of Obamacare included big funding to practitioners for EMR (electronic medical records). So you have physicians with a deadline to spend money upgrading their internal records systems.

2. Payment for services will start shifting from task-based to outcome-based i.e. doctor gets paid $X to solve your problem (pneumonia) instead of $A for this test, $B for this test, etc. There will be a need for IT systems to help physician groups with this (maybe to manage costs).

3. (Not related to Obamacare, but still a need). Many doctor's offices handling billing in-house, but they are located in areas with high labor costs. Offer to outsource this, but near-shore it (like to a cheaper part of the same state) so that lots of mail-based operations (sending out bills, receiving checks, etc) will still run just as fast as before as you're nearby anyway. Many states offer incentives to open up a business in the economically-disadvantaged part of the state.

Personally #3 is my favorite.

I agree with this. I know people who are working in startups in this space and have been mulling diving into this opportunity myself.

Messages In This Thread