rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Vo Nguyen Giap, A Key Figure In Modern Military History, Dead at 103

Vo Nguyen Giap, A Key Figure In Modern Military History, Dead at 103

He was one of the first trans-continental playboys.

The real reason I have him as my avatar is because I admire him as an individual, not so much for the ideologies that stood behind him. He was living a pretty comfortable existence - from a well off family, a soon to be Doctor. He took one trip around the continent with a friend, and what he saw so moved him, that he completely changed his life. Many people read an article somewhere or hear about some injustice, and get all worked up about it, but nothing ever really changes (see Kony 2012, Occupy Wall Street). But Che saw injustice first hand, and was so inspired to right it that took up arms with the disenfranchised around the world, and in doing so he changed the course of human history. I disagree with him on what the rights solutions are to the very real problems he faced, but I'm inspired by his ambition, tenacity, and will to power.

Messages In This Thread