rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Professor of Literature Teaches Only Male Authors

Professor of Literature Teaches Only Male Authors

Quote: (09-27-2013 03:20 AM)j r Wrote:  

Imagine some dude working at Walmart saying, "Yeah, I'll stock the electronics aisles, because I love electronics, but don't expect me to work in hardware, because it's not my passion."

That's an incredibly flawed example. The sales people in many stores do indeed stick to the area(s) they know best.

As for the person doing stock?

He's taking things and putting them on shelves. He isn't interacting with the items in any other way. For the purposes of this situation, these items aren't different in any way whatsoever.

However, you wouldn't then grab that person, who has only ever stocked shelves, and tell him to go work on the checkout. He has little or no experience in that area and would probably make mistakes or just generally waste time.

Quote:Quote:

The problem with postmodernism and identity studies is that it can turn education I to an exercise in solipsism as opposed to an endeavor aimed at understanding the objective world outside of your own head. This guy is doing the exact same thing. If he's interested in a particular literary niche, fine. Do research on it and teach it, but the inability to teach anything else kind if makes him a shitty professor.

...Perhaps this is why he's a professor in this field?

Messages In This Thread