rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Thedude3737's recipe book

Thedude3737's recipe book

This is kind of an interesting recipe. A bit of work involved but very worth it. This is an adaptation I came up with for a very old Roman recipe that is thought to be the precursor to the modern day Tapenade, or olive paste. It calls for an herb called Rue, which was commonly used in ancient Roman cooking, but is rarely used today. There's a woman at the Hollywood Farmer's Market that has it if you ask for it; she doesn't advertise it. She's the only woman there that just sells herbs so you'll know it's her. It's got a very distinct flavor that tastes like a combination of sage and mint but totally different, and worth seeking out.

Green olive tapenade

1/2 leek, green part only
Sprig of rue
3 mint leaves
1 whole rib of celery
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tbsp honey
60ml olive oil
150g whole green olives, preferably castelvetrano (green cocktail olives will not be very good in this recipe. If you can't find castelvetranos look for lucques or other gourmet olives)
1 clove garlic
Pepper

Boil the leek greens in salted water until they are very tender, and then shock in ice water. Blend everything except the green olives in a blender to get a smooth consistency. Add olives and finish the mixture by pulsing the puree and olives together in a food processor, but not too much. The olives should still be somewhat chunky. This is awesome served with any kind of seared or grilled fish, but would be good with chicken as well. Would also be good just served on grilled toast with some fresh anchovies or a mild sheeps milk cheese.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Messages In This Thread