rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Novelty races and the fat chicks who run them

Novelty races and the fat chicks who run them

I'd like to add to my above point and say that sometimes we're to hard on fat people around here, that's right I just said that. Now I don't like the sight of a gluttonous, obese fatty licking their fingers after wolfing down their poutined fries and double whopper as much as the next guy, but some overweight people deserve a break. You don't know their story, maybe they grew up poor and on welfare eating shit food, its pretty sad when wholesome, nutritious food costs way more than crap like hot dogs, twinkies and soda but that's the way it is these days. You're a product of your environment and when all that's available in your broke ass household as a kid is government cheese and grape drank, there's a good chance you'll end up fat.

Maybe some of these fatties, when they're young and move out of home, need motivation and a goal to strive for, these races may be the first time in their lives that they're surrounded by positive people, who encourage them to run the race. So they train and they finish the race and they see the positive benefits of living a healthy lifestyle and hopefully some of them continue to live as such. It is possible, especially when young (under 30) to lose weight and keep it off long term.

We all know that western nations have obesity problems and there's way too many fat people walking around these days, but instead of making fun of positive, active attempts to turn their lives around, I think these people deserve admiration, not ridicule. I'm probably one of the only on RVF to stick up for fatties but some posts remind me of the far right whack jobs who would sentence an teenager to five years behind bars for getting caught with an Oz of weed.

Until you walk a mile in their shoes....

Messages In This Thread